Looking South on Westmorland Street, circa 1906, from LIRR parking lot at 39th Road
First house is 40-03 at corner of 40th Avenue, and second house is 41-05 at corner of 41st Avenue. Originally 39th Road was a continuation of Glenwood Street and 40th Avenue was a continuation of Morgan Street that later connected the Westmorland section to the Marathon Park section.
Little Neck Bay
This view looks north overlooking the LIRR. To the left is the undeveloped Douglas Manor and on the right is Great Neck
Looking northeast from Northern Boulevard into Bayview Avenue,
known today as Morgan Street, circa 1910.
From left to right the houses are 43-15 Morgan Street, 41-87 Glenwood Street, in the distance between the two houses is 41 Nassau Road, and 41-75 Glenwood Street.
In 1906 Bayview Ave. began at Northern Blvd. and continued north and west ending at Hillendale Ave., today’s 247th St. The name was changed to honor the Morgan family whose farm was soon to become Marathon Park, known today as Little Neck Pines.